Myanmar Friends : The Community for Myanmar People
JavaScript DHTML Menu Powered by Log inLog in 
Search
Kyay Oo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyanmarFriends.Net Forum Index -> Burmese Food
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ygnkk
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Kyay Oo Reply with quote

Hi,

I think [b]Kyay Oo[/b] is one of the chinese foods but it's modified in Myanmar because my chinese friends (from china, tw) don't know the food like this. Laughing

Can we call burmese food?
by the way, I'm really want to have 2day. Very Happy
Peti's friend told her that we can get 'Kyay Oee' in London (?5) now. Cool
zawhein

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Kyay O Reply with quote

Very Happy

Kyay O so dot 'Kyo Aye' pot naw... Laughing

Kyay O chat ni ka lwal pa tal...take ma khat p wo

fisrt of all... kyay O ta khu shar... Very Happy
p dot e di kyay O htae ko htae chin ya htae.. Rolling Eyes

e dar..kyay O phit twar p pot..
Laughing
zawhein

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: real Kyay O!!! Reply with quote

[color=indigo]Very Happy

I fetched this from.. Laughing
[url]http://www.myanmar.net/NEWVER/people/recipe.htm#Kyay-o[/url]

Rice Noodle in Pork Soup
Local Name: Kyay-o

Kyay-o is a Burmanized style of Chinese noodle dish "Quetayong". It originally is a Chinese dish. Very similar one is also available in Thailand as Quetayong too. It is simple, but very popular for its taste. This is very similar to the Vietnamese "Pho".

Ingredients: (for 2 servings)

2 lb pork bones
1 tea-sp salt
1 tea-sp pepper
1/2 tea-sp sugar

2 lb ground pork
1/4 tea-sp Chinese masala (5 Chinese spices)
1/4 tea-sp salt
1/2 tea-sp wheat flour
1/2 tea-sp rice flour

2 boiled & unshelled quail eggs
2 eggs
1/4 lb green mustard leaves

1 lb thick/thin rice noodle (boil noodle first if dried)
Instructions:

1.Boil the top 4 items in 2 quarts of water for 30 minutes until the meat beside the bones comes out
2.Mix or blend the ground pork with spices, salt, 1 tbsp of water, rice and wheat flour well. Leave for about 5 minutes. Then scoop with a tea-spoon and add them into the boiling soup, scoop by scoop, not as a whole. Keep the soup boiling and do not stir at this time, so that the ground pork forms into meat balls.
3.Add noodle and mustard leaves into soup not more than a minute and serve. Put raw eggs, if you wish, into the soup bowls. The soup is so hot that eggs will get cooked in your bowl!
4.Spice up with hot and sour chily sauce, and pepper.

Wink[/color]

Last edited by zawhein on Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
zawhein

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz
AyeKT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Kyay Oo Reply with quote

[quote="ygnKK"]Hi,

I think [b]Kyay Oo[/b] is one of the chinese foods but it's modified in Myanmar because my chinese friends (from china, tw) don't know the food like this. Laughing

Can we call burmese food?
by the way, I'm really want to have 2day. Very Happy
Peti's friend told her that we can get 'Kyay Oee' in London (?5) now. Cool[/quote]

really? can we buy it for ?5. sar chin lite tar naw. bal mhar buy lo ya lal hin?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ygnkk
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep
click here
[url]http://forums.myanmarfriends.net/viewtopic.php?t=14[/url]
ko saw ye` message ko kyi
AyeKT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: kekeee Reply with quote

[quote="pay_kutkut"][quote="ygnKK"]yep
click here
[url]http://forums.myanmarfriends.net/viewtopic.php?t=14[/url]
ko saw ye` message ko kyi[/quote]
[color=violet]kyi p tot bar lote ya mar la 022
nin wal kway yin kyi mal 044 [/color][/quote]

pyay pay tot ygnKK yay! tagal sar me` pone naw. taw kyar tagal wal kyway nay ya ohn mal. hee hee Very Happy
yu bin
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like kyay oo. i think burmese kyay oo is different with our countries kyay oo. taste is really sweet b/c there is a lot of sweetner but anyway, i love it. Wink
parlayyar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hungry now.. till I saw the posts before... Rolling Eyes

Don't stop me to eat... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
sar mar pal.. sar mar pal.. bite poke aung sarr mal.. That's Great
AYE THI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: to my lovely sis!!! Reply with quote

[quote="chowuthmone"]i really like kyay oo. i think burmese kyay oo is different with our countries kyay oo. taste is really sweet b/c there is a lot of sweetner but anyway, i love it. Wink[/quote]
har har i think in UK don't have kaya o, u live in there, that is ur wroung u want to eat come to sg. warmely welcome to sg. when u reach to sg i really treat u that, if u want to eat everyday i can naw sis! i never lie u. u just come to sg. that is just S$5.50. that is so easy for me!!! then tell to ur fri if they want to eat burmese food come to sg. sg have a lot of myanmar & a lot of myanmar food. even through u can get "mote pyar tha lat" hee hee i think so.
yu bin
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: to my lovely sis!!! Reply with quote

[quote="AYE THI"][quote="chowuthmone"]i really like kyay oo. i think burmese kyay oo is different with our countries kyay oo. taste is really sweet b/c there is a lot of sweetner but anyway, i love it. Wink[/quote]
har har i think in UK don't have kaya o, u live in there, that is ur wroung u want to eat come to sg. warmely welcome to sg. when u reach to sg i really treat u that, if u want to eat everyday i can naw sis! i never lie u. u just come to sg. that is just S$5.50. that is so easy for me!!! then tell to ur fri if they want to eat burmese food come to sg. sg have a lot of myanmar & a lot of myanmar food. even through u can get "mote pyar tha lat" hee hee i think so.[/quote]

Thx very much for your invitation but i m really really hungry now Embarassed
AYE THI

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: to my lovely sis!!! Reply with quote

[quote="chowuthmone"][quote="AYE THI"][quote="chowuthmone"]i really like kyay oo. i think burmese kyay oo is different with our countries kyay oo. taste is really sweet b/c there is a lot of sweetner but anyway, i love it. Wink[/quote]
har har i think in UK don't have kaya o, u live in there, that is ur wroung u want to eat come to sg. warmely welcome to sg. when u reach to sg i really treat u that, if u want to eat everyday i can naw sis! i never lie u. u just come to sg. that is just S$5.50. that is so easy for me!!! then tell to ur fri if they want to eat burmese food come to sg. sg have a lot of myanmar & a lot of myanmar food. even through u can get "mote pyar tha lat" hee hee i think so.[/quote]

Thx very much for your invitation but i m really really hungry now Embarassed[/quote]
wait wait!! pls wait me pls! i'm on the way, to UK. kaya oo is till now hot. o i reach to UK, eat it. eat eat eat a lot. :? i always tell u, u just come to sg[/b][b] That's Great [/b]
ygnkk
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: to my lovely sis!!! Reply with quote

[quote="AYE THI"][quote="chowuthmone"][quote="AYE THI"][quote="chowuthmone"]i really like kyay oo. i think burmese kyay oo is different with our countries kyay oo. taste is really sweet b/c there is a lot of sweetner but anyway, i love it. Wink[/quote]

Thx very much for your invitation but i m really really hungry now Embarassed[/quote]
wait wait!! pls wait me pls! i'm on the way, to UK. kaya oo is till now hot. o i reach to UK, eat it. eat eat eat a lot. :? i always tell u, u just come to sg[/b][b] That's Great [/b][/quote]

for me? I wanna eat Kyay Oo. I ko yaw mae invite woo lar [img]http://www.myanmarfriends.net/image/smile/feelsad.gif[/img]
ayeayemyo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tha yey kya sa yar twe pyaw nay kya tellll, peti yey!!!!!! Crying or Very sad

de forum par kite sar chin sate pauk tel....
b'cos nga Kyay Oo ma sar ya tar kyar la pi !!!!!
cutie_pt2004
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayeayemyo ma..
tha yay kya yin, nga. Forum top kite ma sar net ..Stone
KFC wol kyway mae. Bristol lar khat.. Very Happy
hehee.

Bye!
AYE THI

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: to my lovely sis!!! Reply with quote

[quote="ygnKK"][quote="AYE THI"][quote="chowuthmone"][quote="AYE THI"][quote="chowuthmone"]i really like kyay oo. i think burmese kyay oo is different with our countries kyay oo. taste is really sweet b/c there is a lot of sweetner but anyway, i love it. Wink[/quote]

wait wait!! pls wait me pls! i'm on the way, to UK. kaya oo is till now hot. o i reach to UK, eat it. eat eat eat a lot. :? i always tell u, u just come to sg[/b][b] That's Great [/b][/quote]

for me? I wanna eat Kyay Oo. I ko yaw mae invite woo lar [img]http://www.myanmarfriends.net/image/smile/feelsad.gif[/img][/quote]
hee hee... so sorry. that's just for my sis. Mr. Green
if u want to eat give me S$5.50. so i'll buy for u. k?

hits
S$ + delivery charges + time(1 or 2 days) Crying or Very sad
taw b, London mar pae twar sar taw mae. Very Happy
orchid2783

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Kyay Oo Reply with quote

ykko ka kyay Oo ko bae tha thi ya tallllll 

ygnkk
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Kyay Oo Reply with quote

[quote="orchid2783"]
[/quote]

YKKO taw ma shi woo Razz , de mar YGNKK pae shi tae Laughing Laughing Laughing
ko moeez

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: letter Reply with quote

I like kyae oo , but i can't eat . I have a little money . he he .........
lynntansaung

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: စားခ်& Reply with quote

ေၾကးအိုးအေၾကာင္းမေၿပာနဲ ့ေတာ့ဗ်ာ..စားခ်င္လို ့ 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyanmarFriends.Net Forum Index -> Burmese Food All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: